Sunday, May 27, 2007

I’m Starting A New Religion


Starting a new religion should be easy. Look at how many have arisen already. I would think with that much good track record out there we could climb on the rails and go for it. I have the basic idea for one, of course some details need refining, but generally it’s a go.

First off we need to incorporate several, perhaps even most, of some already successful religion. Numbers mean everything here … many followers and followers mean finances. If we do a good job with this, we will be rich, probably famous, definitely powerful and have hoards of loyal followers.

Out of the possible religious pools, it seems reasonable to tap into a big one. Islam is huge and a great possibility because there is so much argument about what they believe and documentation is sketchy at best. But their religion is closed and it is difficult to get information into their closed system. At least worldwide this is a problem. We could probably pick off a few Muslims in the US, but if I’m going to all of this trouble and taking all of this time to start a new religion, I want it to be global. It just makes sense. Christianity is enormous. Their religion is open, mostly. Catholics may be problematic because of that whole infallible Pope thing, but I believe the infallibility idea is dying out at the grass roots level. The other Christian groups appear open to new ideas. I believe we have found our source of loyal followers … Christians.

Now what should we incorporate from Christianity. What is basic to their belief. Man is sinful and needs a redeemer. The redeemer is Jesus Christ, who is God, came to earth as man, died for their sins, rose again and if they accept this truth, they inherit salvation. I see no problem with any of that in my new religion. I’m not out to change the world, I just want to be rich, famous, powerful and have a bunch of people following me somewhere, I don’t care where.

So what’s new out there? Well, it can’t be so crazy it freaks them out. Even crazy works (that’s been proven) but I would think it much more difficult. It should be to a certain extent supernatural but leaning toward scientific at the same time. Perhaps it can be an improvement on, or extension of an existing belief. It should not be provable or testable. We should be able to rely on the placebo effect here. Odds are that whatever we come up with will appear to work for someone, and we will make a big deal about it. Their “testimony” will serve us well, new book possibly, perhaps they can become a TV host. Prosperity is important but personal empowerment is Big and Huge. Personal riches and power is certainly as important to my potential followers as it is to me, I would think. We can adopt several humility slogans, talk about obedience, that kind of thing, give it a nice religious feel.

Ok, it’s coming together for me. Quantum mechanics. I know it doesn’t sound like it now, but quantum is the perfect basis for my new religion. It is scientific. It is not provable, at least most of it is not. That is the beauty of it. This whole area of physics is not observable or testable, therefore not provable and more importantly, not disprovable. It is safely scientific and wonderfully supernatural at the same time.

But how can we make a religion out of quantum mechanics, you ask. We don’t. Remember Christianity is our base religion, we just want to be the quantum movement within Christianity, the Quantumites. We never want to get so far from our Christian pool that we lose our source of followers. Let’s brainstorm here. There are too many details to create the complete picture right now and we will get clarity as we develop over the years.

Science believes quantum events are so “sensitive” that we alter them through observation. They have no idea really, how charming. Let’s take it a step further. If we can change the essential fundamentals of matter and energy, possible even space and time, by observing it (is that the same as looking at it?), can we alter it by thinking about it or speaking about it. This is Big and this is Huge!

Pro 23:7 for as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

We can make ourselves into whatever we want by thinking. We’ve always loved that verse and we stand upon it!

The Bible is going to come in supremely handy here. I can see that already. The fabric of the universe is ours to alter, create as it were. We are creators, and science is on our side. We are essentially Gods.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, "I said, You are gods?"
Joh 10:35 If He called those gods with whom the Word of God was, and the Scripture cannot be broken,

When we understand this powerful truth nothing is impossible to us. This is what Jesus meant when he said:

Luk 17:6 And the Lord said, If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you might say to this sycamine tree, Be rooted up and be planted in the sea! And it would obey you.

I know there is something about a mountain somewhere we can use … Jesus walking on water … every miracle. This is why Jesus and basic Christianity are no problem for us; they are assets. If we take these Scriptures out of context, they can mean anything we want, within reason of course. Even in context most people don’t know what they mean, we will just have another of many interpretations. Don’t worry about accusations of heresy. One Christian’s heretic is another Christian’s bearer of truth. We will fit right in. All those pseudoscience people out there, nonChristians, will love this. They will finally see the light and become “Christian” because it finally makes scientific sense. The pool is expanding already.

I know, there is already that Word of Faith bunch out there, but they give us credibility. We are improving on their doctrine, we know now why and how it all works. I am certain we can get many of them to join us anyway because this is such an improvement on what they teach. The added “scientific proof” is irresistible and being able to change the planets, perhaps even create them (when we are better at it of course) … Jesus understood these quantum principles, obviously. He is just now revealing them to me, I mean us, but through me.

Even I feel like following Me. Now we have to think of what to call it.

Let’s open up that bank account.

PS. It will take some time to get my web site up so I refer you to Bleep. Please download the movie trailer and of course buy and read everything. This will get you started down the right path to being “all that you can be” until I get my new religion off the ground. At which time I will incorporate Bleep into essential learning and motivational material.

Happy Creating!

by BigHugeThing

No comments: