Saturday, August 29, 2009

Change Excel 2007 Save As

Burned again by an .xlsx file, I am going to tell you how to change the default save in Excel 2007. This can be found elsewhere but not as clearly presented (that I found).

Open a worksheet. Left click this button in the upper left corner. This is were Microshaft has hidden the standard commands.

Now left click the “options” box on the bottom.

Left click “Save”

Now select the *.xls and click OK. Your new workbooks should default save as *.xls. (Word and Power Point should be similar – what are the chances?)

Where the heck are people getting Office 2007? I can't believe they are actually paying for it. I receive xlsx files from the most unlikely people.

Here is a link but more than you need to know.

Edit: It occurs to me that many users do not know what a file extension is. I can't remember when Windows started defaulting to not showing the file extensions but many users don't even know extensions exist or why. Go to Folder Options in Control Panel and uncheck the box as shown below. This is only so you can know what is going on. I always have file extensions showing.


No comments: