Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hawking Knows Everything (According To Hawking)

Stephen Hawking on Religion: 'Science Will Win' - ABC News
When Sawyer asked if there was a way to reconcile religion and science, Hawking said, "There is a fundamental difference between religion, which is based on authority, [and] science, which is based on observation and reason. Science will win because it works."


Comments: Hawking thinks he knows everything his gigantic ego can grasp. Oh sure, there are some things he doesn't know about science - yet, but he knows science and he knows God - or the absence of God (the Gospel according to Hawking). What if I came up to you and explained everything about your Dad, without ever meeting your Dad. You may call me many things but "right" is not one of them. I know God and I know a little science. Hawking knows nothing about God and a lot about science. Would I be so far wrong to think I am more qualified to speak about the relationship of science to God than Hawking? But hey, we will have to wait for the proof of it all. If he is right, then neither of us have a thing to worry about. If I am right, he is in deep weeds.

No comments: