Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Reason For God

 

The Reason For God

Facing flying without a book is unnerving so I breezed through the news stand and picked up “The Reason for God” by Timothy Keller. Fortunately I had not checked the price or I would never have paid 16 bucks for a paperback. But I was already checking out and had decided no other book that day looked interesting to me. The book is worth every penny and more. Who would have guessed a stodgy old Presbyterian could teach an “enlightened” Charismatic anything? Truly, I don’t suppose Pastor Keller said much I didn’t know already but he presents the case for Christianity with unusual clarity and completeness. The book is logical for the unbeliever and challenging for the believer. This is a book that should be given away often and everywhere.

No comments: